This morning, I was actually alone. No kids, no hubby, and no housekeeper. Just 3 dogs, a cat, and me. Doesn’t happen often, but somehow today it did. Only having myself to think about for breakfast, I decided to make “something special” for myself. That “something special” turned out to be these easy, quick, and protein packed 3-ingredient pancakes. Have you guessed the 3 ingredients yet? Takes nothing more than 1 ripe banana, 1 egg at room temperature, and 2 whole-wheat flour, simply mixed in a bowl.
Honestly, these protein packed 3-ingredient pancakes are super moist and delicious. I topped mine with some ricotta cheese, grated lemon, blueberries, and maple syrup. Love at first bite! Who knew that ricotta cheese is amazing on pancakes? I totally enjoyed my single serving 3-ingredient pancakes and my morning alone. Wink wink.
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1 large egg at room temp., lightly beaten
- In a bowl, mash banana with fork until smooth. Add flour and egg; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spoon batter onto skillet, using one-third of batter for each pancake (makes 3 pancakes). Cook 2 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- I strongly suggest topping pancakes with some ricotta, grated lemon, blueberries, and maple syrup. Yum!