Overall, this salad truly is a show stopper. It is one of those salads that is as delicious as it is beneficial to our health. From the cardiovascular health benefits in carrots to the anti-inflammatory qualities found in sesame, this white bean salad with olives + arugula is a total superfood in the rawest form.
Being that it is already Fall but we are experiencing yet another heat wave, I’ve been serving this salad with our dinner a lot lately. I found it is one salad that everyone in my family enjoys eating. Not sure if you know, but my family has some pretty picky eaters. So I get beyond thrilled when I make something healthy that everyone will eat.
I must tell you that this salad is absolutely gorgeous when tossed and served in a big wooden bowl. Honestly, I wish I would have taken some pictures. From now on, this salad will be my go-to when I entertain.
- 3 tablespoons cold pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon se salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans organic cannelloni beans, craned and rinsed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 cup arugula leaves
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup toasted sesame seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a mason jar, add olive oil, sesame oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt. Screw on lid and shake vigorously until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the beans, carrots, bell pepper, onion, olives, and basil. Add some dressing and toss well until coated. (Salad can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate.) Before serving, toss in the arugula, tomatoes, and sesame deeds. Season the salad with salt and pepper and additional dressing as desired.