If so, this truffled fontina and mushroom flatbread pizza is sure to stun all of your friends. Every once in a while, I like to invite a few of my girlfriends over for wine and small bites. This truffled fontina and mushroom flatbread pizza is my go to – it is quick and easy to make, giving you the chance to spend more time hanging out with the girls. Plus, much like myself, my girlfriends go cray cray for any dish drizzled with truffle oil.
Four ingredients is all it takes!
white truffle oil
Time saving tip…purchase your pizza dough. Sure you can make your own, but this is the one time where I insist you purchase your pizza dough. Hey, it’s a girl’s night and you want to be relaxed. Don’t know where to purchase good pizza dough? Many pizza places are more than willing to sell you their pizza dough, or you can buy good pizza dough at Trader Joes, Gelsons, and Vons.
Flatbread pizza is meant to be rustic. No need to get carried away with making your flatbread pizza look pretty. Relax and allow some messiness. Just wait until you remove this flatbread pizza from the oven and drizzle on the truffle oil. The aroma is astonishing. Oh, how I wish I could capture that fragrant smell and post it in this blog, along with these photos. A scratch and sniff photo would be perfect. It’s that delish. Yum.
Of course, you don’t have to plan a girl’s night in to enjoy this truffled fontina and mushroom flatbread pizza. Anytime is a good time for this simple and satisfying pizza.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- ½ lb bella mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ lb cold fontina cheese, sliced
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured baking sheet, stretch out pizza dough into a rectangle. Heat stovetop grill, lightly brush with olive oil, carefully place pizza dough onto grill, cooking for about 5 minutes until you see grill marks on the under side. Carefully flip and repeat. Basically you par cook it so it doesn't need to stay on the oven long. Remove from grill and place back on baking sheet.
- Scatter grilled flatbread with mushrooms, sliced cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven until edge of crust is deep golden and cheese is bubbling for approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with truffle oil.
- Note: Don't feel like grilling? Simply bake for 6 to 10 minutes until puffed and partially cooked.