I love summer. I love going to Hawaii every summer. I love eating everything with macadamia nuts while in Hawaii. Such as, macadamia nut pie, macadamia nut crusted mahi-mahi, macadamia nut pancakes, and my favorite – this macadamia nut banana bread. It’s so moist and honestly the best tasting banana bread ever. Whenever I want to remember Hawaii, I make this memorable and nutty banana bread.
What gets me super excited about making this macadamia banana bread is the fact that everything is thrown and mixed in one bowl. No need to sift dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then adding to wet ingredients in another bowl. Way too much work, besides I hate doing dishes.
Just to show you what an awesome and nutty family we are…here is a selfy stick video of our outrigger ride, taken in Hawaii this summer.
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed - If your bananas are small, use 5. But no excuses when it comes to using ripe bananas. If your bananas aren't ripe, you will have to wait another day or so. Sorry.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large organic eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup canola oil (although, you could use melted coconut oil but I have not tried it - would love too)
- 2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder, aluminum free
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your 2'" x 4" x 8" size loaf pan.
- In your mixing bowl, add sugar, oil, and eggs. Mix for a bit. Add mashed bananas and mix it a little bit more. Now add all the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl - flour, salt, vanilla ( I know it's not dry, but add it anyway), baking powder, and baking soda. Go ahead and mix some more. You will have a very thick batter. Finally, add the macadamia nuts and gently stir. Don't mix this time.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for approximately one hour. Stick a tooth pick in your banana bread to see if it comes out clean. Leave it for a few minutes to cool.