Greek Salad is one of my all-time favorite salads during the Summer months. Lately, I’ve been adding quinoa to my salads. It’s a great way to add protein to a salad, without adding meat. This Greek Quinoa Salad is so refreshing and gorgeous – it screams “SUMMER”. The lemony dressing adds an abundant of flavor and is a great change from the red wine dressing.
If you are entertaining this summer, I highly suggest serving this salad. It can be prepared ahead of time and makes a healthy and delicious side dish. Not to mention that it makes a great vegetarian dish, is low calorie, plus it is so simple and easy to make.
Normally, I entertain a lot during the summer. With a house that over looks the ocean, you can bet that we have lots of summer BBQ’s and pizza parties. Unfortunately, I have been so busy this summer, with travel, remodeling our boat, and helping my daughter start up her new spa business, that I have not had the chance to put any gatherings together thus far. But when I do, this Greek Quinoa Salad is going to be on the menu!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 small Persian cucumbers, cubed
- 6 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata black olives
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small spring fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl or mason jar, add dressing ingredients and whisk or shake – set a side.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped salad ingredients together, add the quinoa, pour dressing on top, and mix. Salad is best if it sits out at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to serving.