Wow, I can’t believe it is back-to-school time already. Raw energy bars are the perfect snack to pack in your kids, and teenagers, lunches. I use all natural almond butter in these bars, due to peanut allergies that so many kids endure. I actually prefer the mild nut flavor in almond butter opposed to the strong peanut taste in peanut butter.
Feel free to add chocolate chips to these bars instead of dried cherries. My hubby loves the combination of almonds and dried cherries, so I used the dried cherries.
No sugar in these bars! The sweetness comes from a natural sweetener, honey. These bars scream “ORGANIC”….even organic vanilla was used.
Making these bars is so easy, even your kids could make them. No baking involved as they are refrigerated for 2 hours before cutting into bars.
We no longer have little ones to pack school lunch for (sad face 🙁 ) But we do have a 17 year old, who loves to pack herself healthy lunches. These bars are perfect for her to pack. I also like to grab one to eat on my way to the gym. They make an awesome and satisfying snack when you need a little pick me up.
- 1-1/2 cups organic quick cook raw oats
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup all natural almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2-teaspoon vanilla
- Add all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until well combined.
- Cover an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving extra around the edges. Pour mixture into pan and press firmly to evenly fit in pan. Refrigerator bars for 2 hours.
- Using parchment paper, lift bars out of pan and place on cutting board. Cut into 12 bars. Keep bars refrigerated.