If you are ever in Malibu, you must stop and eat at Malibu Farm, a cafe located at the end of the Malibu Pier. I absolutely love eating at Malibu Farm Cafe. It’s a small quaint restaurant that serves organic and locally farmed food. No hostess needed at this place. You walk in and order at the counter, reading the menu from a chalkboard, and grabbing a drink from a vintage bathtub, or filling your mason jar with tea from a beverage dispenser. The décor is simple and clean with white walls, wood tables, industrial chairs and ceiling lamps, with an amazing ocean view and breeze. Oh – and the food is incredibly fresh and delicious.
I agree with owner and chef, Helene Henderson’s philosophy of no fake food or substitutes. If you don’t know how to make it, or where it comes from, don’t eat it and don’t buy it. And nothing low fat or non-fat, cause nothing makes you fatter than eating fat free. Eat the real thing, or don’t eat it at all.
My favorites at Malibu Farm are the BLT sandwich, crab cakes, kale salad, and as currently featured in this blog post, the cauliflower pizza on lavash bread with a goat cheese spread. Boy oh boy – was I ever so ecstatic when Helene fulfilled my request and provided me with her cauliflower pizza recipe!
Are you ready to make yourself a cauliflower pizza? It is so easy and fun to make! Have kids? They too will enjoy helping you make this pizza!
Pull together those simple yet fresh ingredients. I purchase my lavash bread from either Trader Joe’s or Gelson’s. Any type of lavash bread will work. Are you wondering how to thinly slice that raw cauliflower? Easy breezy – use your food processor with the slicing blade attached.
- Spread a thin layer of the goat cheese mixture onto the lavash bread that has been placed on a baking sheet. It’s possible that you will have some spread left over – if so, use it to make another pizza!
- Now top with the blend of three cheeses, cauliflower, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- For the final touch, add a sprinkling of kosher salt. Now your pizza is ready for the oven.
Wow – doesn’t this pizza look delicious with it’s glistening cheese and crispy crust? I like an extra crispy crust. Trust me…you are not going to miss the pepperoni on this pizza. Cauliflower is the new pepperoni!
- Lavash Bread - purchased
- 4 oz Log Goat Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Crème Fraiche
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Three Cheese Blend (Monterey, Jack, and Cheddar) - or more if you prefer
- 1 cup Cauliflower, raw and thinly sliced - or more if you prefer
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a processor, mix together goat cheese, crème fraiche, and egg, until smooth and spreadable.
- Lay a slice of lavash bread onto a baking sheet that has been lightly brushed with olive oil.
- Spread a thin layer of the goat cheese spread onto the lavash breach. You may have left over spread since you just want a thin coat.
- Top the lavash with the three cheeses blend, then the cauliflower. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, until brown and crispy around the edges. Slice pizza and serve.