During the summer, our weekends normally start out with a bike ride along the beach strand to our boat in the marina. Usually, we will paddle board, eat lunch while soaking in the sun, socialize with our boating neighbors, take a dingy ride around the marina, and watch the sunset before heading back on our bikes.
It is weekends like this that I need something simple and quick to cook for dinner. Since the evenings are still so warm, grilling is always my first choice!
Grilled Vietnamese Pork Chops are trouble-free and make an easy going dinner during the summer months. These pork chops are flavored with a robust combination of salty and sweet. Simply add chops to an easy marinade mixture before you take off to enjoy your summer day. All that is required when you return…is to grill them. Serve with brown rice or noodles, and a salad for a nutritious and satisfying dinner.
Summer for my family (and dogs) is by far our favorite season. For us, summer is filled with lots of fun and plenty of exercise too!
What has been your dinner of choice during this hot summer?
- 4 1” thick bone-in organic pork chops
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic sucanat sugar
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro or Thai basil for topping
- In a medium bowl, add shallots, soy sauce, fish sauce, sucanat, and Sriracha, and whisk. Add marinade to a zip lock bag, large enough to fit pork chops. Add the pork chops to marinade and chill at least 1 hour, up to 12 hours.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Remove pork chops from marinade, and grill until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes each side.
- Serve pork chops topped with chopped cilantro or basil.