To feel energized and strong all day long it is important to eat a healthy and nutritious breakfast in the morning. Coconut chia seed pudding with raspberry puree is a great breakfast to have on-hand for days when you don’t have time to make a healthy meal.
Not only is this coconut chia seed pudding delicious, but it takes only 4 simple ingredients (Coconut milk, chia seed, raspberries, and agave) to make.
Not only is eating breakfast important but getting a good night’s sleep is too. It is imperative that I get a good night’s sleep, and I try my best to ensure that hubby does too. Actually, I’m a great sleeper, however hubby has trouble sleeping through the night. Many times, while he is awake at 3:00 am, I get awaken too. Not on purpose, but his laptop or Iphone screens will glare into my eyes. Usually, I just turn the other way and quickly fall back to sleep.
Here are some ways that can help you (and your partner) get a good night’s sleep.
- Get on a regular sleep schedule. You need a minimum of 8 hours sleep every night, and 10 hours is even better. Start going to bed at the same time every night.
- Start preparing for bed an hour before bedtime. It takes that long to wind down, gather what you need for the next day and finish up what absolutely needs doing. I use this hour for setting the breakfast table, picking out my outfit for the next day, washing my face, brushing my teeth, and making my hubby some calming chamomile or sleepy time tea.
- Limit your screen time, especially in the evening. Computers, phones and TV eat up more time than anything else. You’ll have more time for sleep, and you’ll also sleep better without the blue screen light exposure that stimulates wakefulness. I work on my food blog postings first thing in the morning or on weekends, so I’m not up until 2:00 am trying to get a post completed.
- Get outside during the day. This activates healthy circadian rhythms, essentially letting your body know when it’s daytime, so you’ll naturally get sleepy at night. I have started taking walks in the morning or during the day.
- Do what’s necessary to make your bedroom as conducive to sleep as possible. Lower the room temperature to make for a cooler room, close the blinds or use dark curtains, and make your bed as comfortable as possible. A comfortable bed is very important to me.
- Do something relaxing before you go to bed. Take a bath, meditate, listen to soft music, or drink a cup of calming tea. Meditating helps to calm me; tea works for my hubby.
Adapted from Paleo Magazine, Apr/May 2014
Sweet dreams, everyone!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- In a bowl, add chia seeds and coconut milk. Using a wooden spoon, stir for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into individual serving jars. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until completely set.
- To make the raspberry puree, place raspberries in a small saucepan with the agave syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then immediately reduce the heat to a low boil and cook gently for about 10 minutes, until the sauce coats the back of the spoon. Strain the puree and toss out seeds.
- Spoon the puree over the pudding and return to refrigerator.