Have you ever been to a psychic party? Neither have I, until I recently hosted my own. I have two amazing friends who happen to be twins and psychic. Chinhee and Sunhee Park belong to a group of psychics, called ESPsychics. When Chinhee and Sunhee offered to do a psychic party at my house for my friends, I jumped at the opportunity. What I wasn’t sure about was how many of my close friends would be interested in coming to a psychic party. I asked myself “are they actually going to be open to the idea of psychics”? Well, let me tell you…people are more interested in psychics than you realize. My original plan for a party of 12 quickly grew to 24.
For the menu, I wanted to serve organic whole foods. What I decided on were these grass-fed beef stout braised sliders and ginger slaw, caesar kale salad, and a strawberry tres leche trifle for dessert. The stout braised brisket slowly cooks in the crock-pot during the day, which made preparing for the party a whole lot easier. The mini sweet rolls were so moist and sweet, but it was the ginger slaw that really complemented the beef, giving the sliders an extra zing of flavor.
Why grass-fed beef? I prefer to eat beef where the cattle graze freely, eating the all-grass diet nature intended, free of hormones, antibiotics, and steroids. Animals eat right so we can, too!
Besides eating great wholesome food, this party was a hit just as I had predicted. The event kicked off with a gallery, where a panel of 7 psychics stood in front of the group of my girlfriends. One of the psychics would start off with a message and then the others would chime in until the person who the message was meant for identifies herself. Then the reading would begin for that person. Most likely, it was a loved one who passed on that would come through. The psychics would mention things that only that person knew. Lots of tears were shed, but they were messages that needed to be heard by that individual. All messages and readings were deeply appreciated by all. Actress, Nia Peeples, provided her support to Chinhee and Sunhee by attending my psychic party. Here is a clip of Nia from the parting providing details on what happened during the gallery, as well as a clip from the actual gallery.
After the gallery, the psychics gave private individual readings. At the end of the night, we had fun sharing our readings with each other, and comparing the psychics. All of the psychics were wonderful and each had their own talent. I definitely look forward to having another psychic party. Good thing that Chinhee and Sunhee continue to have psychic galleries with ESPsychics that I can continue attending. I’m actually looking forward to going to one this Sunday!
- 2 lb grass-fed beef brisket
- 1 bottle stout beer
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 bottle organic citrus barbeque sauce
- ¼ cup organic ketchup
- 2 cups beef stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package mini rolls
- Ginger Slaw
- Generously dust the beef with chili powder until it is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker. Add 1 cup of barbecue sauce, ketchup, bottle of stout beer, and beef stock, then cook on high setting for one hour.
- Turn slow cooker to low setting and continue to cook for about 8 hours, until beef falls apart with a fork.
- When fully cooked, remove beef from slow cooker and shred roughly with two forks. Drain juices from slow cooker. Return beef to slow cooker and add the rest of the barbeque sauce. Divide onto soft buns. Top with Ginger Slaw.
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, freshly minced
- ½ head Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1-tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ⅛-cup light mayonnaise
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ginger, garlic, cabbage, sherry vinegar, mayonnaise, and sugar in mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.