During the winter, I find comfort in a big cup of chai tea latte. It doesn’t matter the time of day; chai tea latte puts me in my happy place. Definitely on my list of happy things!
Chai tea is black tea with a mixture of aromatic Indian spices and herbs. I find comfort in the aroma of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seed, and ginger. What makes me even happier about this chai tea latte is how simple and quick it is to make. Simply steep organic masala tea bags in a saucepan, add organic low fat milk and agave syrup, with a sprinkling of cinnamon. It’s that simple! You can easily adjust the milk and agave according to your taste. You will impress your family and friends with a cup of this comforting tea. I use an areolatte wand to froth the milk, which adds a barista effect.
Besides chai tea latte, my list of happy things include…
Looking at family photos
A good cookbook
What are your happy things?
- 2 Masala chai tea bags
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup organic low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. When the water is boiling, turn off the heat and add the tea bags. Allow tea to steep covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, squeezing them gently over the pan to release any remaining tea.
- Add the milk and agave syrup to the saucepan and mix. Bring to a simmer to warm the entire mixture.
- Remove from heat and divide between two mugs or 1 large mug. Froth the milk and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Enjoy and add this to your list of Happy Things!