This is one of my favorite salads to make in the summer when fresh corn is at its best. It’s light, flavorful, and scrumptious. The perfect dinner when all you want is a light and healthy meal on a hot summer night. I almost feel that I get a summer evening off from cooking when making this delicious tex-mex inspired salad for dinner. And that makes me happy!
The key to the chipotle-lime flavor in this salad comes from the vinaigrette.
You are going to love every bite of this salad. Besides making yourself and someone else happy by making this salad for dinner, here are ten additional ways to instantly boost your happiness too. By doing any of the ten items that follow, you will almost surely feel happier within minutes.
Watch a comedy
Do a good deed
Exercise, even if only for a few minutes
Work towards a goal of yours
Listen to your favorite song(s)
Simply say “thank you” to someone who helps you
Go to your favorite restaurant
Call your best friend
Take a short walk
It’s time to take a moment and get HAPPY!
- ⅓ cup season rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup organic cold pressed extra light olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro stems and leaves
- In a blender of food processor, add the vinegar, lime juice, garlic, chipotle chilies, honey, and salt. Pulse until smooth. With the blender or processor still running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream to form an emulsion. Stop the machine and add the cilantro, pulse to combine. Set aside.
- 4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1 pound mixed baby greens
- 3 ears corn, shucked and grilled or boiled
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped roasted red bell pepper (you can make your own, or use from a jar)
- 1 cups grated jack cheese
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup toasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup tortilla strips (optional)
- Chipotle-Lime Vinaigrette
- Brush olive oil on both sides of chicken breast. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat grill pan or skillet, cook chicken for 5 to 8 minutes and flip to other side, continue to cook an additional 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken, let cook, then slice or julienne.
- Cut off the corn kernels from the cooked cobs. Discard the cobs and scoop the kernels into a large bowl.
- In the same large bowl, add the tomatoes, mixed baby greens, cheese, black beans, and red bell pepper. Drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently to lightly coat the ingredients.
- Top salad with chicken, pumpkin seeds, and tortilla chips if using. Serve vinaigrette along side of the salad.